You may already have seen this summer’s brilliant actors, singers and dancers perform in Thingamajig Theatre Company’s extraordinary summer musicals.
Now you can watch them in a different setting – this year’s much-anticipated ‘Broadway Gala’ concert and fundraising event at the Pagosa Springs Center for the Arts.
It’s a special evening to raise funds for Pagosa’s only nonprofit professional theatre that will include a cabaret-style show starring the actors and directed by Boni McIntyre, a live and silent auction for unique interactions with the actors, live music by the actors, and backstage tours conducted by cast members.
Word is that there also will be some surprises, including a well-known guest who will delight you and bring back fond memories of past Thingamajig musicals.
Elegant and delicious hors d’oeuvres catered and donated by theatre sponsor Alley House Grille will include a charcuterie platter, ahi tuna, stuffed meatballs, basil pesto shrimp, proscuitto with melon and assorted mini-desserts. There will be a cash bar with tips going to the cast and crew.
Tickets are $100 for this dressy evening.
Unique auction items
During the silent and live auctions, you can bid on the following one-of-a-kind items that are good until August 31, when our summer actors bid farewell to Pagosa:
- Serenade for you and your guests by our soulful Shuga Henry (Millie’s Muzzy) at an event you set up.
- Photo shoot for four where the actors will do your hair and makeup as you enjoy champagne and chocolate, then provide costumes from your favorite summer show before you pose with the cast for a very special picture.
- Progressive dinner for 10 people when actors chauffeur you and your friends to four incredible locations where you’ll enjoy wine pairings, serenades and delicious food prepared by the cast (August 14, 20 or 28).
- Personalized song composed and recorded by Zulfiya Asquino (Maria in “West Side Story”) for you on any subject you want.
- Campfire singalong with the performers at the actors house fire pit.
- Sunrise hike with Dan Morrison (Riff in “West Side Story”) followed by brunch provided by Heather McCall (Elle in “Legally Blonde”).
- Hannah Zilber (Audrey in “Little Shop of Horrors”) styles you to ’50s pinup perfection while Alex John Johnson (Baby John in “West Side Story”) pampers you with a foot massage and mimosas before your photo shoot.
- Dan Morrison prepares a gourmet meal for you and the actors of your choice for up to eight people.
- Halley Daigle (Vivienne in “Legally Blonde”) and Aaron Catano (Bernardo in “West Side Story”) come to your house to create a signature cocktail for you.
- Dale Scrivener, board operator and head of wardrobe, makes his specialty cheesecake or the dessert of your choice for you and your friends.
- Brunch with the flappers from “Thoroughly Modern Millie” courtesy of the Pagosa Baking Company.
- French actress Melissa Melendez (mother in “Pinkalicious”) tells stories while you enjoy crepes and French cocktails at your home.
- Stage manager Samantha Rohr comes to your home to organize a garage, closet, drawer or cupboards.
- Manicure with Heather McCall and Ivy King (her mother in “Legally Blonde”).
- Makeup lessons with Kathleen Macari (title role in “Millie”) and her crew for you and a friend.
Only about half of the costs of Thingamajig productions are covered by ticket sales. The remainder of the theatre’s funding comes from private donors, business sponsors, program advertising, grants and proceeds from this annual Broadway Gala fundraiser – the most important event of the year to keep the theatre up and running.
“We know from previous galas that our guests have been surprised and delighted by the evening’s festivities – and especially the clever and creative auction opportunities,” said Laura Moore.
“This is your chance to fill your life with experiences, not things – and to have stories to tell, not stuff to show. We are deeply grateful for everyone’s support because the five musicals that folks are seeing on stage this summer would not be possible without the funding raised at the gala.”
Thanks to the exceptional casting skills of Tim Moore, Thingamajig consistently attracts gifted directors, actors, singers, dancers, choreographers and technical experts from across the country and, this summer, from Canada, France, Jamaica and Mexico.
To purchase tickets for the Broadway Gala and the summer musicals, click the button below or phone 970-731-7469.